French Defence Minister, Florence Parly being received by the Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, in New Delhi on December 17, 2021.
The third Annual Defence Dialogue between India and France took place between Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and French Minister for Armed Forces Florence Parly in New Delhi on December 17, 2021. A wide range of bilateral, regional, defence and defence industrial cooperation issues were discussed in the annual meeting. Salient points are -
- Explore possibilities to increase defence cooperation in all domains.
- Defence industrial cooperation for future collaborations and co-production.
- There is convergence on number of strategic and defence issues. Thus, efforts to enhance cooperation in bilateral, regional and multilateral forums.
- France is the current chair of Indian Ocean Naval Symposium and shall take over the Presidency of European Union from January 01, 2022. The two Ministers decided to work closely on a number of issues during the French Presidency.
- Earlier, Florence Parly called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi and paid tribute to Indian soldiers at the National War Memorial. She is expected to meet with other Indian dignitaries during her visit.